Company Secretary

Company secretarial services are provided by our related company, Beas Company Secretarial Services Limited (TCSP license no.: TC002674).

Hong Kong & offshore jurisdiction company formation

We can help clients to form Hong Kong and overseas companies in jurisdictions like the British Virgin Islands, Seychelles, Cayman Islands, Samoa, etc. Through our international alliance, we can also set up foreign enterprises in various overseas countries.

Hong Kong Company Formation Procedures

Company name search
Obtain documents from client
  1. Company formation questionnaire
  2. Certified true copy of:
     - ID card / passport 
     - Residential address proof
     - of directors and shareholder for due diligence purpose
Review client’s information and documents
Deliver formation documents for all directors and shareholders' signature
Submit documents to Companies Registry
Obtain Certificate of Incorporation and Business Registration Certificate
  • Electronic filing (24hours)
  • Paper Filing (4-5 working days)

FA (Hong Kong Company)

What is the minimum number of shareholder and directors of a private limited company?

Answer:At least 1 shareholder and 1 individual director. A shareholder can be an individual or a corporate. The individual / corporate director can also be the shareholder. There is no requirement under the Companies Ordinance that a director must be a Hong Kong resident, while additional director can be either an individual or a corporate.

Who can be the company secretary of a private limited company?

Answer:A private limited company must have a company secretary (either an individual or a corporate). The sole director of that company must not act as the company secretary. If the company secretary is a natural person, he or she must ordinarily reside in Hong Kong. If the company secretary is a corporate, the address of its registered office should be in Hong Kong.

May foreigners incorporate a local limited company in Hong Kong? Can the registered office be situated outside Hong Kong?

Answer:Yes, non-Hong Kong residents may incorporate a local limited company in Hong Kong, whereas the registered office must be situated in Hong Kong.

Is there any requirement on minimum amount of paid-up capital?

Answer:There is no requirement on the minimum amount of a company's paid-up capital under the Companies Ordinance. The share capital can be as low as HK$1.

Can foreigners open a bank account?

Answer:Yes, it is very important for each new company in Hong Kong to have its bank account to operate its business. We have many banking partners that could help with your business needs.

Hong Kong company secretarial service

Other than company formation, we can act as the company secretary and provide comprehensive range of corporate support services:

  • keeping and updating of statutory records, preparation and filing of statutory documents

  • providing registered office address

  • opening bank account

  • transfer and allotment of shares

  • appropriate business structure advice

  • arranging notarization and apostille of documents with Notary Public in Hong Kong, China and other countries

Hong Kong company Deregistration / winding-up

A limited Hong Kong company can be dissolved in two ways: deregistration and winding-up. Both involve complex procedures and compliance requirements. And despite the differences in the relevant rules and procedures, the implications of each process are also different to the other. We can advise our clients in choosing the best method and assist in handling the whole dissolution process including the preparation of statement of affairs, tax clearance etc.